Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago W.I. March 23, 2021.
Cuba and T&T continue to enjoy a very fruitful bilateral relationship. For over two decades we have, on a national level supported the Havana International Fair (FIHAV) and most recently attended Expo Caribe in 2019. Our northerly neighbours remain the only location in which we have an established Trade Facilitation Office (TFO) representing our tangible, long-term interest and investment on the ground. It also remains a critical testing ground as we build our understanding of Latin American Markets (Mercusor being a key part of this).
With the successes of the likes of VEMCO, Carib and Sasha being underlining examples, we continue to look for opportunities to build upon this relationship tangibly. To this end, exporTT, representing the trade development interests of T&T and the Chamber of Commerce of Cuba, signed off on a most crucial “action plan”, laying the foundation for continued growth and collaboration. Some of the highlights of the arrangement include:
- Direct information sharing of contacts and opportunities.
- Sharing of “on the ground” investment project opportunities.
- Sharing of information on Cuban companies quarterly.
- Actively arranged multisector B2B meetings.
- Exploring the scope for use of the Cuba-CARICOM arrangement more actively
- Greater data and information sharing from a business opportunity perspective.
- Greater Communication between exporTT and the Chamber of Commerce of Cuba.