Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions on a temporary basis at exporTT Ltd:
The Research Officer is responsible for gathering and analysing data to assist Trinidad &Tobago’s exporters in identifying export opportunities and understanding challenges in targeted markets. The Research Officer is also responsible for the dissemination of the information gathered through reports and seminars.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Facilitate external export enquiries by providing research data and reports.
- Gather, analyse and disseminate relevant research information to internal and external stakeholders
- Design and conduct internal and external surveys.
Qualifications and Requirements of the Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics or any of the Social Sciences.
- Postgraduate qualification Economics or Statistics is an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in market research, social research conducted in academic, government or private agencies.
- Good communication skills
- Report Writing and Presentation Skills
- Data Gathering & Analysis
The Procurement Officer is responsible for coordinating the entire tendering process, including vendor negotiations, analysing trends in vendor pricing and ensuring that purchasing is done in timely manner. The Procurement Officer contributes to the company’s Procurement Policy and Procedures and ensures that the company adheres to best practices relevant to the procurement of good and services.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the revising and implementation of approved procurement policy and procedures in keeping with best practices.
- Coordinate all aspects of the tendering process for all procurement transactions that qualify for tender in accordance with the procurement policy.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships and a register of qualified vendors of the major goods and services purchased by exporTT.
Qualifications and Requirements for the Role:
- First Degree in Material Management, CIPS qualified or a related business discipline.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of the public sector procurement process.
- Strong integrity and good character.
- Sound negotiating skills.