Standards Implementation Grant Facility
A company shall receive financial support from exporTT Limited on the condition that the company will be reimbursed for a portion of the pre-approved expenses under this grant facility. This service is meant to treat with the business constraints related to accessing exports markets.
The project must be financed fully by the applicant via their own resources and the grant will reimburse funds upon completion of the project. The grant allows companies to be reimbursed up to 50% of the total cost of the project value to a maximum of TTD 70,000.00 per company per 2 years.
Who can apply
To apply for a grant, applicants must:
- Be a firm (i.e. sole proprietors, partnerships) legally registered in Trinidad and Tobago (a copy of the registration certificate must be submitted).
- Be a firm trading and operational for at least two (2) years, supported by the last two years’ financial statements/accounts.
- Be able to finance 100% and sustain their standards implementation as per the quotation/s they have submitted.
- Be exporting or can demonstrate their potential to export goods and services.
- The standard must be relevant to the company’s product offering in order to satisfy entry requirements in their identified target market.
- A certificate of origin must be submitted.
- Approved projects are expected to lead to export growth in the targeted export markets.
- A beneficiary may not receive funding under the Standards Implementation for development and implementation of the same project which has received funding from another government agency.
- All projects are subject to approval by Evaluation and Approval Committee and are to be administered and managed by the Compliance Officer.
- Company Registration Documents
- Certificate of Free Sale
- Certificate of Origin
- Business Plan
- Export Plan
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- VAT Clearance Certificate
- Company NIS Certificate
- Company BIR Certificate
- Documentary evidence confirming the Company’s Financial Ability to meet the proposed cost of the project
As of October 1st 2018, companies will only be able to access the standards implementation grant facility once per two years.
Each company is required to fill and submit their application form and provide required documents.