Exporter Training is one of the major functions of a Trade Promotion Organization like exporTT Ltd. This function involves planning and coordinating the execution of relevant training programmes which build the capacity of exporters to increase export competitiveness, develop new exporters and increases access to new markets. Training is not an end in itself but is a required ingredient to ensure competency is built to achieve the exporTT’s goal of developing a sustainable and diversified export sector for Trinidad and Tobago.
exporTT’s Training Unit focuses on building the capacity of Trinidad and Tobago Exporters to master the essentials of an effective export strategy. Whether it’s guiding new Exporters or updating existing Exporters, all our initiatives are designed to equip Exporters with the skills to win new business in international markets and/or generate export leads.
We can be contacted directly at: 483-8311
Through a delicate process of conferring with clients, operational units, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) and Unit Research, the Training Unit develops a suite of public enrollment training programmes it would focus on in any fiscal. Sample programmes offered include:
- Export Basics: Getting Started
- Generating Export Leads
- Identifying and Assessing Export Markets
- Introduction to Export Marketing
- Introduction to Export Pricing
- Formulating an Export Plan
- Sector related Intellectual Property Clinics
- Packaging and Labelling for Export Markets
- Product and Process Standardization for Food Processors
- The Art of Conducting and Analyzing In-Market Research for Exporters
- Export Marketing
- Writing a Proposal for Grant Funding & RFP’s
- Crafting an Impactful Company Profile
- Costing & Pricing: Analyzing the Numbers
- Converting Trade Show Leads to Sales
- FSPCA Preventive Controls in Human Food
- 30 Minute Sales Pitch
- Mastering Customer Service for Exporters
- Differentiation: Through the eyes of your customer
Interested in an In-company Training Programme
exporTT’s Training Unit also offers Exporters the flexibility and convenience of having in-company training for selected workshops delivered at a location of your choice. These workshops are tailored training interventions which are crafted to meet the needs of your organisation. Choosing an in-house training session means:
- Convenience – You are in control of the schedule
- Customization – Facilitators and staff can openly and confidentially discuss specific organizational challenges
- Value for money – training and travel cost savings
- Team Building – Staff members get to work together for the duration of the programme
To enquire if an in-company programme is possible or to request an in-company programme, please contact the Training unit at 483-8311.
The International Trade Specialist, which is hosted in collaboration with the eBSI Export Academy in Ireland over a nine month period. Take a look at our Certified International Trade Specialist.
exporTT is pleased to offer Trade practitioners in Trinidad and Tobago, the International Trade Specialists (ITS) programme attainable through eBSI Export Academy of Ireland. This nine month e-learning programme culminates in a globally recognized certification which is recognized by the Institute of Export.
Course Modules include:
- Export Marketing Operations
- Trade and Custom Practice,
- Finance of International Trade and
- eBusiness for International Trade
To find out more about this programme please see below or contact the Training unit at: Phone: 612-EXTT ext 7912 / 7918 / 7901 or 7909/ 483-8311.
The Training unit implements Net Promoter Score concept
Arising out of a recent Bench-marking exercise, exporTT’s Training unit commenced calculating Net Promoter Scores or NPS for its activities. The NPS measures customer experience and predicts business growth and is a proven metric which provides the core measurement for customer experience management programmes the world round. The unit’s NPS is calculated by answering a key question – How likely is it that you would recommend exporTT’s training to a friend or colleague? using a 0-10 scale.
Respondents are grouped as follows:
- Promoters (score 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fueling growth.
- Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
- Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
The Net Promoter Score is calculated as follows. Generally, any NPS over 30 is considered good, over 50 is excellent , and over 70 is exceptional.
See here the results of the unit’s activities:
As the unit executes upcoming workshops, we look forward to working with our clients to ensure that export capability is built and our NPS average is maintained. For the unit, the NPS is an indicator that clients are satisfied that the workshop objectives met or exceeded their expectations and therefore they are willing to recommend exporTT as a training provider of choice.
Enable exporter performance today ! Recommend attendance at one or more of the upcoming workshops!
Read more about our client experiences here.