Exporter Training is one of the major functions of a Trade Promotion Organization like exporTT Ltd. This function involves planning and coordinating the execution of relevant training programmes which build the capacity of exporters to increase export competitiveness, develop new exporters and increases access to new markets. Training is not an end in itself but is a required ingredient to ensure competency is built to achieve the exporTT’s goal of developing a sustainable and diversified export sector for Trinidad and Tobago.
exporTT’s Training Unit focuses on building the capacity of Trinidad and Tobago Exporters to master the essentials of an effective export strategy. Whether it’s guiding new Exporters or updating existing Exporters, all our initiatives are designed to equip Exporters with the skills to win new business in international markets and/or generate export leads.
We can be contacted directly at: 483-8311
Through a delicate process of conferring with clients, operational units, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) and Unit Research, the Training Unit develops a suite of public enrollment training programmes it would focus on in any fiscal. Sample programmes offered include:
- Export Basics: Getting Started
- Generating Export Leads
- Identifying and Assessing Export Markets
- Introduction to Export Marketing
- Introduction to Export Pricing
- Formulating an Export Plan
- Sector related Intellectual Property Clinics
- Packaging and Labelling for Export Markets
- Product and Process Standardization for Food Processors
- The Art of Conducting and Analyzing In-Market Research for Exporters
- Export Marketing
- Writing a Proposal for Grant Funding & RFP’s
- Crafting an Impactful Company Profile
- Costing & Pricing: Analyzing the Numbers
- Converting Trade Show Leads to Sales
- FSPCA Preventive Controls in Human Food
- 30 Minute Sales Pitch
- Mastering Customer Service for Exporters
- Differentiation: Through the eyes of your customer
Interested in an In-company Training Programme
exporTT’s Training Unit also offers Exporters the flexibility and convenience of having in-company training for selected workshops delivered at a location of your choice. These workshops are tailored training interventions which are crafted to meet the needs of your organisation. Choosing an in-house training session means:
- Convenience – You are in control of the schedule
- Customization – Facilitators and staff can openly and confidentially discuss specific organizational challenges
- Value for money – training and travel cost savings
- Team Building – Staff members get to work together for the duration of the programme
To enquire if an in-company programme is possible or to request an in-company programme, please contact the Training unit at 483-8311.
- Understanding Incoterms
- Understanding Rules of Origin
- Building a World Class Digital Catalogue
- Understanding HS Codes
- Private Labelling
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
exporTT’s Training unit works through a number of experienced senior experts who go beyond theory and possess an intimate understanding of the challenges faced by clients. exporTT selected Facilitators all hold the following beliefs:
- Participants are good, capable and competent; they come to the programme with high expectations and, they each have unique learning styles and face competing interests related to family and other life realities
- Participants need acknowledgement, role models, frequent feedback and positive social bonds to feel emotionally safe.
- Participants must be actively engaged in the learning process
- Participants bring to the programme a wealth of knowledge, skills and experiences gained from formal and informal learning experiences. The role of the Facilitator is to assist the participants in relating the new knowledge to past experiences
- Participants learn more effectively by doing or experiencing; the Facilitators’ focus is helping them to learn rather than teaching.
- Employs highly interactive and participatory training environments
- Competitively prices workshops which do not compromise quality
- Possess excellent Customer Care qualities
The International Trade Specialist, which is hosted in collaboration with the eBSI Export Academy in Ireland over a nine month period. Take a look at our Certified International Trade Specialist.
exporTT is pleased to offer Trade practitioners in Trinidad and Tobago, the International Trade Specialists (ITS) programme attainable through eBSI Export Academy of Ireland. This nine month e-learning programme culminates in a globally recognized certification which is recognized by the Institute of Export.
Course Modules include:
- Export Marketing Operations
- Trade and Custom Practice,
- Finance of International Trade and
- eBusiness for International Trade
To find out more about this programme please see below or contact the Training unit at: Phone: 612-EXTT ext 7912 / 7918 / 7901 or 7909/ 483-8311.
Meet the Team
Current International Trade Specialists
Andrew Hosein | Antoinette Spencer | Camille James | Christian George | Cintra Sooknanan | Cy Padmore |Devi Ali | Dhanraj Harrypersad | Gareth Narinesingh | Giselle Roberts | Jamel Spring | Janelle Peters | Janelle Teemal | Kevin Crichlow | Kinda Thomas | Lisa Ramsumair | Marcia Potts | Melissa Pierre | Merlissa Khan | Nadia Jardine | Natalie Paul-Harry | Natalie-Anne De Silva | Nathali Richards | Patricia Govia | Priya Maharj | Ravi Sankar | Roann David | Ryan De Souza | Shamilla Khan | Shara Charles -Sajadhar | Stacy Rodriguez | Suzanne Ragbir | Tenika Phillip | Vincent Ramlochan | Vonetta Ramjattan
Adrian Theodore | Ann-Marie Williams | Anthony Marcelin | Chioke Pierre | Chrystal Jones | Deborah Hoyte | Donna Edwards | Dwight Brown | Dwight Newton | Gizel Thomas-Robert | Joanna Charles | Joy Francis | Joy Williams | Maria Padilla-Benjamin | Maria Winchester | Marlon Crawford | Marx Durity | Michael Bedasie | Nigel Bradley | Rebecca Durham-Lutchman | Richard Affonso | Roxanne Risbrooke | Rupesh Mahabir | Sheldon Blugh | Shelly-Ann Bhawanie | Tedesia Henry
Dharish Ramlal | Chandresh Sharma | Nakeisha Monticieux | Cheryl-Ann Baptiste | Shelly Ann Baptiste | Judi Marie Rocke | Andia Persad-Maharaj | Betty-Ann Narine | Simone Scipio Briggs | Miriam Rampersad | Renae Ward | Vinayak Sankar | Renee Solomon | Laura Pascall | Marianella Zamora | Adanna Taylor | Stacy Seeterram | John Francola | Rajiv Rampersad
Marc Hosten | Natalya Rahamatula | Aneka Danclair | Gabriella Gonzales | Christophe Cole | Daniel Diaz | Renuka Adiah | Crisen Maharaj | Trisha Cassie | Kristelle Ramcharan | Kevan Clarke | Lisa Roodal | Jared Coolkut | Leigh Inalsingh | Joanne Rampersad | Mandisa Granderson | Tricia Beckles | Tricia Clarke-De Freitas
IP Clinic for Manufacturers
If you are serious about learning how to protect your creations, this is an excellent workshop which provides all the necessary and relevant information so you are well prepared for your filing your trademark. I also benefitted from “one on one” meeting with the Intellectual Property Officer (IPO) – Shamilla Ganpat after the presentation facilitated by Mr. Richard Aching.
Selecting & Managing Agents and Distributors
Any company who is interested in taking their product into export markets should attend this seminar for key tips and guidelines for choosing if an agent or distributor is the preferred method for market entry.
IP Clinic for Manufacturers
This workshop is a must for all individuals who are actively involved in business, whether you are employer or employee. Understanding of Intellectual Property is required to all stakeholders of business and this is covered nicely in this workshop. I also benefitted from “one on one” meetings with the Intellectual Property Officer (IPO) – Richard Aching after the presentation facilitated by Mr Richard Aching.
Selecting & Managing Agents and Distributors
The programme proved to be beneficial to the exporters in attendance, where the information shared helps in the understanding of the importance of managing and creating distribution relationships.
Digital Marketing Blueprint: Effective Export Strategies for the Architectural, Construction and Engineering Services
exporTT’s Digital Marketing Workshop is valuable to all business owners, future entrepreneurs and anyone who is or plans to provide goods or services, so that they can navigate successfully in the new online business environment. As we learnt, 60% of GDP in the near future will be learned through the digital economy.
Foreign Supplier Verification Programme for US Exporters
As usual, ExporTT has provided companies the opportunity to better understand the industry & chart new courses for themselves in the export of T&T products to the world. Thanks exporTT!